Location: NY, US Job Type: Full-time Shift Work: No
We are currently looking for an experienced senior scientist to help develop C. elegans model services, involving drug screening, stress response, and aging studies. To achieve desired outcomes, the candidate will be capable of finding alternative approaches, having strong analysis and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ph.D. in cellular and molecular biology, genetics, genomics, biochemistry, or related fields;
- 3-5 years of experience in animal model R&D is a plus;
- Management and execution of specific experimental work with a high degree of independence;
- Ability to modify experimental designs and protocols to improve experiments and/or methods;
- Must be detail-oriented with demonstrated ability in problem-solving and analysis;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Duties and responsibilities:
-Design, develop and execute scientific R&D projects with limited supervision and responsible follow-up;
-Analyze experimental data, interpret experimental outcomes and/or conclusions within established protocols;
- Maintain accurate, thorough, and timely research documentation, and make progress reports on a regular basis;
- Perform routine equipment maintenance;
- Provide seamless support by working collaboratively with other team members;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply for a position, please complete the online application and include a cover letter as well as further references relevant to your field.